Jannette's Professional Quilt Clamp works on all backing fabrics, including Minky.
Here's how it works:
- Top and bottom shells and strap bracket are made of high grade sheet aluminum.
- Precision stamped for size, holes, and slots, and accurately formed by a US company.
- Shells are premium powder coated by a local company.
- Total weight of the quilt clamp is approximately 6.5 ounces. (First class mail is up to 1 ounce per stamp.)
- Double action lever is solid brass
- Precision stamped by the same US company as the shells.
- Lever securely latches the shells together for attachment and opens it wide to over 2 inches for quick capture of the fabric when applying the clamp.
- The wide slots are engineered to allow the lever to angle just right to get the big-mouth (2" +) opening that can go over any fabric quickly.
- Solid brass rivets and steel pins purchased from a US source.
- Miniature hinges are solid brass.
- The edge of the shells have a high traction foam tape to provide a strong grip on the backing fabric.
- Each tension strap is six feet long with a quality elastic strip for constant tension and a Velcro section for easy attachment to the frame.
- Shell is 18 inches wide.
- Clamps (strap included) are sold as pairs to allow balance on both sides.
Click here to select quilt clamp order page.
- Initial installation - simply:
- Open the wide mouth with the brass lever.
- Easily slip it over the backing fabric.
- Press the brass lever down to latch shut.
- Pull the Velcro strap to provide tension with the elastic section.
- Secure the Velcro strap onto the Velcro hook tape on your stand's frame. (Hook tape may be easily applied if your machine does not have it.)
- The clamp will provide uniform leveling on the fabric with its special high traction foam rubber grips on the lips of the clamp.
- Once the Velcro strap position on the frame has been established for this quilt, it does not need to be changed again until the next quilt:
- Secure the batting and piecework across the top and then up the sides with your machine.
- Advance the quilt "sandwich" by rolling.
- Just release the clamp pressure and set the clamp on the table.
- Roll the quilt.
- Lift the brass lever.
- Slip the clamp on again.
- Latch with the brass lever.
- Resume securing, or quilting.
- Repeat the above to secure the quilt sandwich, including basting from side to side and return to the top.
- Proceed to quilt rows, custom quilting, or whatever you desire - all while rolling quickly from one section to another with Jannette's quick action clamp.